French Floral Retreat
13th to 16th April 2018
Student discount available
This course is aimed at florists and floristry students, giving an opportunity to be creative and to be inspired in a french Chateau setting. The french floral retreat is a great excuse to step away from the rat race, to relax and recharge whilst learning new techniques and creating large scale designs for your portfolio.
Our first ever French Floral Retreat will be held at a Fairytale Chateau in the heart of south west France. The cost of the retreat includes Accomodation in either the Chateau or la conciergerie cottage, a traditional french breakfast, a picnic lunch in the grounds (weather permitting), refreshment breaks in the morning and afternoon and in the evening Aperitifs and a locally sourced traditional four course French dinner with Wine.
Transfers are also included from Limoges, Poitiers, or Bordeax Airports. If you wish to arrive via train then Poitiers and Angouleme are our nearest large train stations and have connections from Paris. ( flights and train fare not included)
The 4 day course will offer students an opportunity to
- be involved in the planning, structure, mechanics and creation of three large scale installations and will come away with an understanding of costing and ordering flowers and materials for a large design.
- work to a time scale, on site at a venue in a work scenario.
- learn my hacks and tips for creating wedding and large scale designs
- attend a workshop with business coach and creator of French Wedding Style Blog Laura Payne -Stanley who will present” The business and mindset of floristry”
- learn about Styling a table and a Photo shoot from Katie Anderson from Love French Style blog
- receive a collection of professional photographs from the weekend from fine art photographer Katy lunsford for future promotion and marketing. Great photographs really do sell designs to future clients.
- Sample the local French cuisine staying full board at Chateau de Chevaliers with a continental breakfast , picnic lunch and a 4 course dinner, aperitif and wine each evening.
- attend a formal last night dinner which students will have decorated. Catered by le Petit Gouter catering company.
-be part of the French Flower School family with access to our facebook group to share thoughts, ideas and advice and mentoring from Lisa for 12 months after the course.
Join destination blog Editor Laura Payne-Stanley as she helps navigate you on your way to gaining visibility and promotion of your business through publication and media coverage, with advice on everything from how to build relationships with the press to using publicity to grow your new business. Laura Payne-Stanley is a serial entrepreneur, founding award winning online platform French Wedding Style, and a master Business and Success Coach, providing boutique coaching for amazing entrepreneurs.
Styling expert Katie Anderson from Love French Style blog will talk to us about this years wedding table styling trends and share her tips for styling a photoshoot and will help us put the finishing touches to our magnificent tablescape. Katie is a BBC trained journalist and writes a French Style blog. Love French Style celebrates everything she loves about jolie French things; French home decor, french farmhouse interiors, breton tops and yummy French food.
Fine Art photographer Katy Lunsford will be documenting the weekend and will be taking photographs of each design ensuring every student has record of their work so that they can be used for their design portfolio and future marketing.
"My photographic style reflects my love of France – the beautiful soft tones, the gorgeous golden light, the landscapes and architecture, the outdoor lifestyle and sharing beautiful times with good friends and family"
We will work together to create 3 Large floral installations and wedding scenarios
The ceremony – We will work together to create a double arch and aisle installation to set the scene for a fabulous French Chateau Wedding.
First look on the Chateau staircase – This scenario will be set on the grand Chateau staircase,
as a group we will create a staircase installation which enhances the location for the “First look” Claire Jones Make up Artist will prepare a model for this scene.
The Dinner – The final assignment will be to create a tablescape for our “under the stars ” last night dinner. We will be working with styling expert Katie Anderson from Love French Style blog who will talk to us about this years wedding styling trends, share her tips for styling a photoshoot and will help us put the finishing touches to our magnificent tablescape. We will also decorate the French vintage truck supplied by our caterers le petit gouter
Chateau des Chevaliers was first mentioned in the 15th century and was built in its current form in 1881. This neo Gothic building has some fabulous areas to decorate with flowers including a breathtaking staircase. The exterior of the Chateau is particularly beautiful and has a fairytale castle style. perfect for a backdrop to a magical French Chateau wedding photo shoot.